Make the following prefetch cache settings for further improvement
1. Export your EDIUS timeline to Canopus HQ Fine Quality or Canopus Lossless. Be sure Edius project setting is set to Standard Color space conversion.
2. Start Mastering Works 5 and start a new project in Normal Mode
3. Click Add File and browse for the Canopus HQ
4. Sometimes the field order is not detected correctly, make sure you set it to interlaced if the source is interlaced, otherwise leave it on progressive
5. Click Filters
6. Select Picture resize filer and set like below for best results
8. Choose your Video System, use CBR for short programs, VBR for long ones with 90min or more duration when using single layer DVD
9. set video bitrate to 7700 maximum and set audio to 256
10. Choose Elementary Video and Audio (in most cases) and then unlock the template with MPEG output button
11. Close the GOP and set the number of frames
12. In Advanced, set as below
13. Save the Template and type a suitable name
14. Click Encode and choose Export or Batch Export in case you want to encode more files
15. Next time you need to do a DVD, use the custom template and all you need to do is adjust the bitrate if needed in order to fit the content on the single layer or dual layer DVD.
16. The size indicator gives a clear picture of how full the disk will be as you adjust the bitrate, make sure you allow some overhead for the menu if needed.
20 Solander Ave, West Hoxton 2171 NSW, Australia +612 9825 9999