20 Solander Ave
West Hoxton 2171 NSW, Australia
+612 9825 9999
The following tutorial is using 320x240 as output size and is designed for playback via CD-ROM on most PC's. You can use any larger size, if the customers PC is powerful enough. (Example: 400x300 or 640x480)
Indeo 5.11, Mpeg1, Mpeg1 VCD, Mpeg2 for PC and Set Top Players, Mpeg4 and Windows Media 7 are covered in the tutorial below.
If you don't see a setting, it means it is not applicable for the codec in question!
Before you start using Cleaner 5.02, you need to set the preferences!
Then set the default destination, this is where Cleaner 5.02 will place the compressed video.
1. Matrox stores video and audio files on separate drives, therefore you must copy the wav file to the same drive and folder that holds the video file.
2. Now, click the cleaner.avi in Windows Explorer and drag it to the batch window, this will combine the avi and the wav files.
3. Next, right click the file in the batch window and apply a setting, in this case 4 x CD-ROM.
4. Now, right click the file in the batch window again, then click advanced settings.
5. Output tab settings are required for all output formats.
6. Track tab settings are required for the following output formats.
7. Go to the next tab, the image tab. Here, set the cropping to numeric and set left, right, top and bottom, so that there is no black borders around your image. This can be readjusted later by looking at the dynamic preview window. Set everything else the way it is shown on the image. (Mpeg2 needs no cropping)
8. In the encode tab, set everything as shown, you must remove the check mark from data rate, in order to get the quality percentage slider. Use 12.5 frames per second for Pal and 15 fps for NTSC. Use 25 fps (PAL) and 30 fps (NTSC) only if the PC can handle it. Mpeg2 must be set to the full frame rate.
9. Audio tab settings for all output formats.
10. View the summary to make sure everything is set.
11. From the window menu, choose show dynamic preview, there you can make sure that the edges are cropped to your liking and that the picture quality is to your liking. If not, go back to any of the previous steps and readjust as needed.
12. Start encoding by clicking the start button.